Wednesday, January 1, 2014

WOW! 2014 ALREADY?

Happy New Year! May the year 2014 be a wonderful one for all of us. I have been taking a break from posting my old journal entries during the current holiday season. Things are always hectic at this time, and were even more so this season, because Darcy was able to come home for a visit. All of our festivities were a bit brighter because of her presence. Her last visit home was eighteen months ago, and of course there have been many relatives and friends eager to see her. We have been busily scurrying to and fro to attend lunches, dinners, and Christmas parties, trying to see as many people as possible. 

In just a few days, Darcy will be returning to France. The decorations will be taken down and put away and our household will return to the "empty nest" status, awaiting future visits. It is going to be a busy year for all of us. We are thrilled that Darcy and Mathieu will be returning this summer, and in the meantime, we have plans to travel a bit. In about a month, we are going on our first-ever cruise! I have been to the Caribbean, but never via cruise ship. This will be an entirely new experience for both Craig and myself. Even though the cruise is work-related for Craig, we will have loads of free time in which to soak up the sun and see the sights. In April, Craig and I will be returning to France to visit Darcy and Mathieu. We are planning a side trip to Annecy and little jaunt into Switzerland, too. Later in the year, we hope to join another daughter, Michele, and her family on a vacation in Wisconsin Dells.

Saying farewell to Darcy on Saturday will be difficult, but I have so many delightful memories of this Christmas to replay in my mind. And I have much to look forward to. I wish all of you peace, health, and happiness in the coming year.


Here is a memory! 
This photo of me holding Darcy is from 25 years ago!

No comments: