Saturday, June 11, 2022

Why I Have Been Silent

All of the heart went out of me on the day my youngest sister died. I thought it was horrible losing my elderly parents, but nothing could have prepared me for the pain of losing a younger sibling. Susan Kay Blaine passed away on April 28, 2021 at the age of only 63. A heart attack claimed her life and tore her family's world asunder. Susan was such a bright star. She always had a smile and never knew a stranger. Even though she had known more pain and heartache than most people could endure in several lifetimes, she maintained a positive attitude always. 


Since her death, our family has not been the same. We have only been going through the motions of day to day living, and often faking a smile just to get through the day. It has been almost 14 months now, and we are beginning to come back to life a bit. The grief now comes in waves and is still overwhelming at times. I know that this is not what Susan would have wanted. And so we try. We try to maintain a positive attitude, we try to enjoy the little things in life, we try to reach out to one another. Life goes on. We'll try to live it with the memories of good times spent together and we will never forget our sweet Suzy-Q. 




No comments: