Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Taking it Easy

Pages from Jan's Travel Journal: Monday, April 14, 2014

Another beautiful spring morning! We enjoyed coffee together before driving over to the university where Desmond is both a student and a lecturer. We had a breakfast of pastries and more coffee at a place near the campus beside a cheerful, bubbling fountain. I'm not sure what my little pastry was called, but it had a sweet cherry filling over a crumbly crust. The cafe creme I ordered to go with it was some of the best coffee I had ever tasted.

My beautiful, blue-eyed roommate, Azur.

When we arrived at Desmond's office, we were disappointed to find no one else there. I had been looking forward to meeting the other teachers about whom I had heard so much. After waiting around for a bit, I headed back to town. Desmond had some work to do. Back at the apartment, I busied myself with chores and email until lunchtime. I walked to a brasserie , where I met Matt for lunch. The croque Monsieur I ordered was extra delicious with the addition of green bell pepper. A light salad and fries completed the meal.


An apartment for rent in this building... I'd love to see it!

A little flower shop in Orleans.

I walked slowly back to the apartment, window-shopping along the way. I was looking for a couple of specific items, but not in a hurry. As it was, I lingered a bit too long and was late starting the tomatoes roasting for supper. Des was planning to make tomato tarts for the evening meal, and I had promised to put the tomatoes into the oven. That evening, we enjoyed our supper of tomato tarts, along with a crusty baguette on which to spread duck mousse and pork rillettes. All of this was accompanied by three different kinds of cheese. We finished with a fantastic chocolate fondue for dessert. Life is sweet!


No comments: