Monday, June 20, 2016

A New Do

Pages from Jan's Travel Journal: Tuesday, May 10 2016

Desmond left early for work. I slept late and awoke with a migraine, but one cup of coffee and some medication soon took care of that. Before pouring a second cup of coffee, I walked across the square to the local bakery where I selected an escargot for breakfast. No, I didn't eat snails for breakfast! The pastry was called an escargot because of the swirled shape it had. It contained lots of tasty bits of strawberry and pistachio and was covered with a buttery crumble. Not a bad way to start the day.


A nice view of Orléans from the bridge.

I didn't do much after breakfast. I caught up on email and lazed around reading for a while. I had eaten such a late breakfast that I didn't really want much for lunch. I nibbled a bit on some leftovers. Des arrived home in the early afternoon and we were soon on our way to his hairstylist where I was scheduled for a cut. When we arrived at the salon, the stylist greeted me, took my jacket, and asked if I would like a cup of coffee or tea. I sipped a refreshing peppermint tea while Desmond showed her some pictures of possible styles for me. An hour later, I emerged from the salon with a new look. My hair was shorter than I had ever known it, but I really liked the cute, asymmetrical style.


The new look

We ran a couple of errands, stopping at Carrefour to pick up a few things. When we arrived home, we sat down to drinks and appetizers of cheese, sausage, and chips. We had a great meal of stir-fried chicken and broccoli served over fragrant jasmine rice. We enjoyed chocolate lava cakes for dessert, garnished with slices of the one ripe strawberry from Desmond's garden.

We had a relaxing evening, playing a game of Racko and watching a couple episodes of a favorite sitcom. It had been another lovely day. 

No comments: